PHOENIX GARAGE DOOR REPLACEMENT
Homeowners ask a lot of questions to make sure their home security is intact.
One of the common ones is:
can you buy replacement panels for a garage door?
The reason for this question is to know whether you will be going back to buy the entire door or you can replace a section of it.
Fortunately, you will find the answer you are looking for here.
This post will tell you if you can replace the panels of your garage door.
Moreover, you will also know about signs of when you need a new garage door. In a nutshell, there is everything you need to know about replacing garage door parts of or the entire door.
Can I only replace my garage door and/or panels?
Of course, you can buy and replace the panels for your garage door.
The only thing you have to be careful with is who does the replacement.
It is tempting to want to do it on your own, but you do not want to go down that path.
After all, panels are heavy and it is very easy to have an accident.
Talk to your local garage door experts and get a quotation.
You can shop around for the best deal.Phoenix Garage Door Replacement
Therefore, it is better to have it done the right way even if you have to pay for it.
Here is the information you should share with your contractor;
- Your door model. Your door serial number should easily help you identify the model.
- Door color
- The actual size of the panel section to be replaced
- The door section to be replaced. Is it the bottom, middle, or the top?
How do I tell when it is time to replace my garage door?
A time comes when your garage door has to go and it helps if you know how to replace it.
It has done its duty and it can no longer keep your home safe.
But how do you tell when that time comes?
Here are telltale signs that your garage door is on its last stretch of life:
- If your door is an old model and has been with you for 11 years.
- Most of the time, these doors do not have a part replacement so you will have to buy a new door.
- If your house design falls in these categories: gallery, canyon ridge, Coachman.
- When the door panels are bending or sagging
- The paint is peeling or cracking
- When you notice multiple dings and dents on several panels.Phoenix Garage Door Replacement
However, it is not always true that any of the symptoms here mean that your garage door is up for replacement.
Ask the Guru for a second opinion before you go on with your plans.